Dear Citizens of Columbia
My name is Tameika Isaac Devine. I was raised in Columbia and I have a long family history in this community.
Columbia is my home. I am dedicated to this community.
My parents, Henry & Veronica Isaac, always instilled in me the value of public service. Growing up, we were always very active in this community. They would not have it any other way.
Those values have stayed with me all of my life. Prior to becoming a member of Columbia City Council, I served on the City of Columbia’s Commission on Children & Youth, the board for Palmetto Place Children’s Shelter and volunteered with Sistercare to help victims of domestic violence.
In 2002, I was elected to serve on Columbia City Council and it was one of the most special times of my life. It allowed me to bring a lifelong dream to fruition. That dream was to serve my community and represent the citizens of our wonderful city in a way that I could make a positive difference and work to improve our community for future generations.
I’m proud to say in the 11 years I’ve served as your at-large city councilwoman …I
- have been an advocate for both transparency and fiscal responsibility
- have pushed for more accessibility to public records on our city’s website
- was instrumental in having televised City Council meetings
- was a supporter of public safety initiatives that brought about more anti-gang initiatives, increase in security cameras in both business districts and neighborhoods and increased recruitment and retention of police officers and firefighters
- have served the community by being on the boards for Engenuity SC, the American Red Cross, Richland County First Steps, Columbia College and the Municipal Association of South Carolina
- have represented Columbia at various National League of Cities’ forums with the sole purpose of gaining knowledge that would benefit Columbia, help move our local initiatives forward and provide opportunities for future growth and development in our city.
Now, I am seeking another term on council and I am asking for your support.
Those who know me well, know I work hard every day to make this community a better place, not only for my children but all children.
People trust me not only because of my track record as a dedicated public servant, but also because I value family. I am a wife to my husband Jamie.. a mother to my daughters Tamia and Jade. I am a daughter and a sister. I am a proud Columbian. I am your public servant.
So, on November 5th, I am asking you to vote for me, Tameika Isaac Devine.